Media Center PC with 2 ir-receivers
Goli4th
2008-02-16 00:00:01 UTC
Hi!
I use Windows Vista Ultimate on my HTPC. I control it by using the microsoft
MCE remote, MCE keyboard and a harmony 895 remotecontrol (Euopean version of
890 I think).
I need to have 2 ir-receivers connected to my HTPC. When I conect my newest
MCE ir-receiver, the old one stops working. When I disconnect the newest, the
old one works again.
Can I in any way get both to work at the same time? I did not think this
would be a problem.
Bob
2008-02-16 01:54:03 UTC
They should both work. I use two. My second one is a Hauppauge.

Try updating the software.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/440/374&cl=us,en
would be a problem.
Doug Knox - [MS-MVP]
2008-02-16 03:32:09 UTC
The Hauppauge IR receiver is not the same as the MCE version. And its
recognized as different hardware.
--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart
Display\Security
would be a problem.
Bob
would be a problem.
Doug Knox - [MS-MVP]
2008-02-16 06:10:29 UTC
Then you don't have the Hauppauge remote. Hauppauge sells an MCE "kit" that
includes one of their tuners and the standard MCE remote/receiver combo.
However, two MCE receivers will not work together, and this is by design.
If two RC6 receivers are plugged in, only one is active. Now, it might be
possible to hack this, but I haven't seen anything to document it.
would be a problem.
Goli4th
2008-02-16 12:05:00 UTC
Do anyone know how to hack this? Are there other ir-receivers I can use
instead, that will work like the MCE receiver?

This is why I need 2:
I customized my original MCE receiver. I removed the ir-eye, and placed it
behind a small hole in the front of my homemade cabinet. This is used for the
MCE keyboard, and when I bring my HTPC with me to other locations.

The other receiver will be placed hidden outside my cabinet. It will be
connected with an ir-blaster from my logitech RF to IR device.

This makes my HTPC more mobile.
jolt
2008-02-16 12:38:57 UTC
In the spirit of KISS (keep it simple stupid) just plug the interior mounted
ir receiver into a USB port externally and remove that connection when
connecting the external ir receiver.
Syner
Bob
would be a problem.